Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Intermittent publishing issues: Unable to write data to the transport connection

Hi, I have been having lots of issues publishing lately. It seems very random to me. I currently have a PBIX file that is 400MB in size and I realize this large however I cannot trim the size down. A few weeks ago it was at aroun 355MB and I had no issues publishing. 

It seems in the last couple of weeks, I've had to try about 20 times to publish until it eventually goes in. This has happend also with much small PBIX files of around 40MB in size. Things that I used to publish very easliy now requires around 15 tries on average before it goes in.

What could be the reason for this? I have tried looking at the debug logs and I see no real corelation as to why this happens. Any insight would be appreciated as I have seen other posts similar to mine but with no real indication as to what the problem might be.

Hi @ezaidi ,

In my experience, this problem usually occurs in the Pbix file itself
Have you tried to optimize the model size or reduce some of the complexity of Dax usage?
Or maybe your file has a lot of time and date fields, and you can disable "Auto Time/Date" in the options menu of the PowerBI file and try again?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @ezaidi ,

In my experience, this problem usually occurs in the Pbix file itself
Have you tried to optimize the model size or reduce some of the complexity of Dax usage?
Or maybe your file has a lot of time and date fields, and you can disable "Auto Time/Date" in the options menu of the PowerBI file and try again?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

ezaidi
Frequent Visitor

Hi, I have already

1) disabled "Auto Time/Date"

2) reduced my dataset as much as I could. (non essentials fields etc..)

3) Used PowerBi Helper addon to help me identify inefficient relationships, many-to-many relationships etc

4) removed all DAX temporarily to see if it helps.

So far nothing has helped. I still have this intermitted issue. Again yesterday it took 20 tries to get it in. There must be some other cause for this. I did try my smaller PBIX files and they all went through but the big one was still have issues. This is slightly different than a few days ago when nothing was going in. There must be some issue with the report server loading large datasets...

bhelton

I am now having very similar issues as well, was this ever resolved or is there a solution to this issue?

sarahconnor

I started having the same issue in the last few weeks. Any solution to this yet?