Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Intermittent The execution failed for the shared data set

I am getting intermittent errors on paginated reports in Power BI Server. I have a new installation of PBI Server, 15.0.1103.234, Native, with remote SQL server.

This report has (3) shared datasets, (2) from SharePoint Lists and (1) from Oracle. The report and the SharePoint datasets are set to always run with the most recent data.

The Oracle dataset is set to use cached copies, which expire on a shared schedule with a refresh plan. The cache refresh of this dataset never fails.

The report works most of the time.

I get errors like this in the browser and Microsoft.ReportingServices.DataExtensions.SharePointList.SPDPException in the Reporting Services Service log. The report does not have a dataset called 'DataSet1' like the error message implies.

I refresh the browser once, sometimes twice, and the report runs without errors.

I haven't been able to find a pattern so any tips on how to troubleshoot this are appreciated.

An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)

The execution failed for the shared data set 'PDS_PROJECTS'. (rsDataSetExecutionError)

The execution failed for the shared data set 'SP_PROJECT_HIGHLIGHTS'. (rsDataSetExecutionError)

Query execution failed for dataset 'DataSet1'. (rsErrorExecutingCommand)

An error occurred when accessing the specified SharePoint list. The connection string might not be valid. Verify that the connection string is correct. (rsSPDataProviderError)

The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send.

Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

Comments
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@LRM 

Several issues regarding sharepoint and mashup query have been reported. You may directly create a support ticket for assistance.