Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Int32 Error when Refreshing Data Table

Hey, I am attempting to refresh our data source, but I run into an error that looks like this:

Error Message:

JSON integer 4294967295 is too large or small for an Int32. Path '[8].MaxLength', line 1, position 3149.

I am not sure where this is pulling from. It seems when I go through and individuall try to refresh tables, the error occurs from a table that is connected to an external DB.

What does this error mean and where is it originating from in PowerBI?

Thanks @jasonbub_seasi  and @marcjb  sharing the solution about this issue which would help users on the community who may have the same issue:

Users can try Detect Data Types in Power Query Editor before loading data into Power BI Desktop.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Comments
redbenn

@marcjb that worked for me. Thanks!

v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Thanks @jasonbub_seasi  and @marcjb  sharing the solution about this issue which would help users on the community who may have the same issue:

Users can try Detect Data Types in Power Query Editor before loading data into Power BI Desktop.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Dave-ExpSC
Helper II

Hi @v-yetao1-msft

This solution did nto work for me. In Power Query I selected the columns in the tables and used Detect Data Type. I noticed that it did make a change to Int.64 
I did this for every table. Before I left Power Query I went through all tables and made sure they were Refreshed.

Closed out and it fails to Apply the changes after spinning for a long time. The error now says it was a failure to load in another table. Every table says this. So where is the error.
My files were working for 6 months and the June update crashed it. 

I do not think this issue has been resolved. My best evidence is going back to my MySql source in a new file and I can not pull down a single table = all have the same error message "

JSON integer 4294967295 is too large or small for an Int32. Path '[5].MaxLength', line 1, position 2053."

Everything worked before. It is not an option to go to the developers of the company's mysql application and suggest they have something that they need to fix. The June update broke it and Detecting Data Type did not work for me. Microsoft please consider that this problem is NOT DELIVERED - at least not for all of us.
Please look further.

julienvdc
Helper III

does not work...