Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Initialization error when refreshing Excel with Analyze in Excel

Hello,

Users are experiening the attached error(s) intermittently when refreshing a Power BI data source from an Excel 2016 workbook using the latest version of Analyze in Excel. The workaround is to open Excel once using 'Run As Admin', but the problem resurfaces which requires the same workaround step.

Any ideas regarding the root cause would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Ben

refresh_error.PNG

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

I'm not able to reproduce the issue on my side. 

1. Update the OLE DB provider to the latest version follow this article

2. Does the issue happens on this specific .ODC file or all .ODC files? Please try to Analyze in Excel foe other dataset then refresh to see if the same issue occurs. 

Update: Please mask privacy information in the screenshot. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey,

sames issue here. 

People in my company are getting this Error since today. 

Error.jpg

Excel Version with the issue :

Build 8528.2139

Excel Version without issue:

Build 8431.2046

In addition der is still no way for to use the Analyze in Excel function in Excel.

All user are experience the following error message:

When people trying to connect with their credentials the following system error occures:

(The operatio completed succesfully)

error2.jpg

We are really struggeling, because our departments depend on this function on daily base. 

This is the 3rd time this month , that there's an issue after an Excel update.

(http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/System-Error-process-has-been-terminated-Analyze-in-Excel/idc...)

Also the link to the OLEDB Library is not working (Power BI Online Analyze in excel updates)

http://download.microsoft.com/download/D/2/6/D26087ED-5F40-49CF-9EEF-0DB3BB41B042/x64_SQL_AS_OLEDB.m...

Thank you for your help!

Thank you for your help 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft and @Vicky_Song,

This issue is reproducible for all datasets, including new odc files created from Power BI datasets. The issue is only resolved when using the workaround steps I described to open Excel using 'Run as Admin' until the issue resurfaces intermittently.  We are also seeing the error posted by @Anonymous for the same issue.

Thanks,

blezin

gh_de
Frequent Visitor

Same problem here!

gh_de
Frequent Visitor

"Run as Admin" doesn't help here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @gh_de,

Are you launching Excel using 'Run as Admin' with the same profile that downloaded 'Analyze in Excel' and is a member of the local admin group?

Our users who used this workaround met the above criteria.

Ben

gh_de
Frequent Visitor

Yes, same profile. 

alme
Helper I

Any news regarding this issue?

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all,

Would you please run the Fiddler with below option enabled then repeat steps to reproduce the issue. Save all sessions and share .saz file with us. 

Fiddler.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu