Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Information is needed in order to combine data

Hi,

Since yesterday few of my reports don't refresh properly via the on premises gateway. I updated yesterday to the November 2018 version. Not sure if it is relevant.

The entire report is based on an on prem MS SQL server data and other reports using it refresh correctly.

I am getting this message:

Something went wrong
Cannot connect to the mashup data source. See error details for more information.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Underlying error code: -2147467259 Table: ...
Underlying error message: Information is needed in order to combine data
DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult: -2147467259
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.MashupSecurityException.DataSources: ...
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.MashupSecurityException.Reason: PrivacySetting
Cluster URI: WABI-EUROPE-NORTH-B-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: 89ef74b7-7b7b-49b9-aa87-c1e3dae7fffe
Request ID: 048aec4c-9de4-5029-3484-8f3b0dd5d2e1
Time: 2018-11-22 08:02:30Z

Please advise.

Thanks

Mike

Comments
mike1337
Frequent Visitor

I updated the gateway to the newest version as well

mike1337
Frequent Visitor

Refreshing the report in Power BI desktop works just fine

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @mike1337,

I had the same issue. Within the Gateway settings, you must check whether the privacy settings of both sources that you want to combine are the same.  Eg. Boht on Organizational.

I was not able to change the setting, I had to delete an re-add the connection.

Kr

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @mike1337,

In addition to @Anonymous's suggestion, please download the pbix from Power BI service and open it in Power BI desktop, check if there is some thing wrong related to the table 'Targets', ensure you can refresh report successfully in Power BI desktop, then republish it to service. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

roselilly23
Advocate V

Hi,

I am experiencing this exact same issue. Dataset was refreshing perfectly up until 12 December when it decides to fail and give this error. Nothin was changed in the dataset and it refreshes fine in the desktop tool. We have not made any changes to our gateway.

Thanks,
Rose

mike1337
Frequent Visitor

You not gonna like it, but what I ended up doing was to recreate the report from scratch in a new Power BI file. It worked this way.

roselilly23
Advocate V

Thanks Mike, unfortunately I already tried that with no luck 😞

mike1337
Frequent Visitor

Hi all, again afer the report was working fine for a month I am now getting the same error out of blue:

Underlying error message:Information is needed in order to combine data
DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult:-2147467259
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.MashupSecurityException.Reason:PrivacySetting
Cluster URI:WABI-EUROPE-NORTH-B-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:d3322204-1813-4171-83c6-9238b6d93ba0
Request ID:688ecb2e-ca13-ec4d-0ebf-9df4e1927784
Time:

2018-12-25 11:23:12Z

This is super frustrating and time consuming if I am to redo the report once a month to avoid this error....

And I do not understand that because I didn;t chnge the report or any privacy settings. Simply one scheduled refresh went through and the next one fwe hours later failed

Scheduled12/24/2018, 3:01:59 PM12/24/2018, 3:54:50 PMFailedCannot connect to the mashup data source. See error details for more information.
 Scheduled12/24/2018, 12:01:55 PM12/24/2018, 12:59:15 PMCompleted
mike1337
Frequent Visitor
Took a while but I discovered that every update to Power BI Desktop somehow messes up the setting for data sources privacy levels and you need to redo them. Also I had the setting "Ignore the privacy levels" on, but since this setting affects only Power BI Desktop the refresh was working in Desktop but not in the App.