Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Information is needed in order to combine data

I'm currently not able to refresh an application, istead im getting this error message:

There was an error when processing the data in the dataset.

Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

MessageInformation is needed in order to combine data Table: Sales Invoice Header.
Cluster URIWABI-NORTH-EUROPE-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity IDc500a0e2-c69a-4175-b374-297c47b6c22b
Request ID62046f45-e729-48ba-860d-11a49b91490a
Time2019-02-13 09:31:46Z

Two datasources (Both within the same organisation): 
Azure SQL Database
Sharepoint folder

No gateway.

Data source settings - Privacy level None on both sources.

image.png
What can be the cause of this?

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @tex628 ,

Is SharePoint Folder used for getting data from on-premises SharePoint server or SharePoint online? 

Does the dataset require any gateway? If required, which gateway do you use: on-premises data gateway or on-premises data gateway (personal mode)? 

If you are using on-premises data gateway, please go to Manage gateways, find these two two data sources which used by the dataset, ensure their Privacy Level are None as well. If it's on-premises data gateway (personal mode), please check this document

By the way, please update the gateway to the latest version. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

tex628
Community Champion

None of the sources are on-premise, It's SharePoint Online and thus we do not use a gateway. 

Br,
Johannes

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @tex628 ,

I tested on my side, it's able to refresh the dataset if I merge Azure SQL and SharePoint online folder query if setting all data source privacy level as None. In your scenario, how did you combine these two query? 

I would suggest you refresh the same report in Power BI desktop firstly to see if any issue occurs. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu