Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Incremental refresh breaking timezone

Data comes in UTC. I made a column using 

DateTimeZone.SwitchZone(DateTime.AddZone([CreatedDateTime],0,0),-7)

This works fine, until incremental refresh kicks in, and turns the new column into the same time for both CreatedDateTime and the new column. Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Based on my test, after incremental refresh finish, the new calculated column display the actual time based on timezone -7 without timezone appended. What do you mean about "the new column into the same time for both CreatedDateTime and the new column"?

You can see my test results: 

Publish report, before incremental refresh happensPublish report, before incremental refresh happens

After incremental refresh finishAfter incremental refresh finish

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft

Did you make the custom column in DAX or MQuery?

I was able to have it work fine in DAX. This only affected all the columns made in MQuery for me.

The result looks like your second image, but the date would also revert back to DateTimeVal column so they're identical.

Thanks,

Archie

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

I created the custom column in Query Edtitor: 

q2.PNG

q3.PNG

Would you please share some screenshots to clarify the issue on Power BI service? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-qiuyu-msft

The issue still persist, but I ended up just converting to DAX column instead of through the Query editor and was able to get it to work. I no longer have any replicatable file for a screenshot.

Thanks,

Archie

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

If the same issue happens next time, please create a new thread with detail information, or you can create a support ticket to let engineers look into the issue directly on your side. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu