Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Incremental refresh | Cancellation occurred when sending or receiving a request.

Hi,

I am trying to use the incremental refresh feature and seem to be not working.  The initial load of the full dataset using the RateStart and RangeEnd is working fine but any refresh after (Scheduled or manual) fails (Error details below).

The refresh policy is

store rows in last : 1year

refresh rows in last 30 days

Can someone help? 

ERROR DETAILS:

Something went wrong
Cancellation occurred when sending or receiving a request.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Cluster URI: WABI-WEST-EUROPE-B-PRIMARY-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: 695a3edc-00f2-417e-98f9-885d8c0d98fd
Request ID: 2acd6a46-df6d-351e-3b3d-fd8d1039a576
Time: 2019-01-25 16:20:21Z

Comments
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@vivekrathi,

What SKU do you currently use?

I use internal track tool to check your error message and get this information "You have reached the maximum allowable memory allocation for your tier. Consider upgrading to a tier with more available memory".

It is recommended that you switch to higher SKU.

Regards,
Lydia

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Needs Info

vivekrathi
Frequent Visitor

Hey Lydia,

Thanks for checking and recommending a solution.

I was earlier trying on A1 SKU. I scaled up to A3 SKU and the refresh still fails. Can there be any other reason? 

vivekrathi
Frequent Visitor

Just adding an update, I also tried scaling up to an A4 SKU, the refresh still doesn't work. 

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@vivekrathi,

Please create new error message here.

Regards,
Lydia

vivekrathi
Frequent Visitor

@v-yuezhe-msft ,

Sorry, I don't have an error message to post as I ran a couple of other tests (below) both of which seemed to work:

Changing refresh policy to 1 day of refresh and 1 year of storage succeeded with A3 SKU

Changing refresh policy to 5 days of refresh and 1 year of storage succeeded with A3 SKU

The original refresh policy was 30 days of refresh and 1 year of storage which failed even on A4 SKU. Is there an explanation for this kind of resource consumption? 

Thank you,