Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Incorrect number formatting for sv-SE (Sweden)

Hi,

I can't seem to change the formatting of values in regards to thousands and decimal separators. In Sweden we use space (or another character like it) as thousand separator and comma as decimal separator. This has worked before but in the latest release of Power BI it is not correct anymore. I have doublechecked the datamodelschema-file and the culture is set to sv-SE but all the number formats are "#,##0.0". Even after I tried changing this and resaving as a pbit-file it still did not change the formatting of the numbers.

Any change you are already working on this? Can't see anyone else having reported the same issue. I have confirmed the bug/issue on two separate computers.

The version I am working in at the moment is this "Version: 2.55.5010.641 64-bit (februari 2018)"

Regards

Christian

Comments
axup
Regular Visitor

Hi,

I can't seem to change the formatting of values in regards to thousands and decimal separators. In Sweden we use space (or another character like it) as thousand separator and comma as decimal separator. This has worked before but in the latest release of Power BI it is not correct anymore. I have doublechecked the datamodelschema-file and the culture is set to sv-SE but all the number formats are "#,##0.0". Even after I tried changing this and resaving as a pbit-file it still did not change the formatting of the numbers.

Any change you are already working on this? Can't see anyone else having reported the same issue. I have confirmed the bug/issue on two separate computers.

The version I am working in at the moment is this "Version: 2.55.5010.641 64-bit (februari 2018)"

Regards

Christian

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @axup,

The same issue has been reported before internally: CRI 60379818. The fix will be released around May or Jun desktop version. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted