Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Improve Advanced Filtering value limit

By default the advanced filtering (filter type) has a limit of 2 and/or values. Why is this restricted? In many occasions more than two values need to be filtered and the only way to do this currently (work around) is to select the amount required from basic filtering, switch to advanced filtering and add the specific areas there if different or not seen in the basic filtering list. 

Please add more than two values under the advanced filtering otherwise its not very 'advanced'.

I can't go and make measures for every specific combo of values needed in many different graphs.

Comments
v-robertq-msft
Community Support

Hi, 

According to my test, if you want to apply multiplied value range filter for your visual data(like date), you can add another same column into the visual filter and apply an advanced filter, but it seems that they have an “And” relationship.

vrobertqmsft_0-1625194607803.png

If you have an idea, you can go to the Power BI Idea to submit a new idea so that people with the same idea can vote for you. I will also vote for you.

vrobertqmsft_1-1625194607805.png

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Robert, yeah that is another option however beneficial to use one of these filters without restriction. This is already a new idea submitted - please vote for it.