Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Imported visuals icons disappear (November 2019 update)

Hi,

I've enabled all the preview features in Desktop Power BI November 2019 update (Version: 2.75.5649.582 64-bit (November 2019), incase there are mid-month updates)...

I've imported a couple of custom visuals from the Marketplace, but after using Power BI for a while, the icons for these disappear (I've not noticed what actions cause them to disappear):

Visuals icons disappearing.PNG

in this case, I've previously imported the Microsoft Wordcloud visual and Microsoft Tornado Chart, both icons have disappeared. A close and re-open of the Power BI file seems to bring the icons for these back for a short period of time.

Comments
sarawilson
Frequent Visitor

I'm experiencing the same issue.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

I'm trying to reproduce the issue but unfortunately not. Please import these custom visuals again then check if the same issue occurs. 

It would be better if you could share detail steps with us to reproduce the issue. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, I can't find a way to reproduce this, it just happens at some point during development of a report.

Olack
Regular Visitor

I have the same issue: 

I've imported a couple of custom visuals from the Marketplace, and the icones disappeared.

Olack
Regular Visitor

error.PNG

...but I can see these visuals when I choose the " delete a custom visual" button

sarawilson
Frequent Visitor

Just had this happen again and experiencing the same as Olack (able to see it in the "delete..." list):

screenshot.png

The only way I was able to resolve this was closing and reopening the pbix file.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

Please try below methods to see if the same issue still occurs: 

1. Clear data cache in Power BI desktop. 

q3.PNGq2.PNG

2. Update Power BI desktop to the latest version 2.75.5649.861

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu