Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Import method not displaying change after switching from DirectQuery to Import

image.pngSo wat we're looking at, is the same table, viewing it in the query editor and in the main powerbi window in the side pane. I had previously changed this table from DirectQuery to Import, but now it doesnt seem to reflect this change in the query editor, while it is visible if you just look at the table properties in powerBI.

Seems like a bug to me, I think the problem might be that after the initial setup of the connection, this radio button will always reflect the original choice, not the current choice.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

Would you please clarify "I had previously changed this table from DirectQuery to Import, but now it doesnt seem to reflect this change in the query editor, while it is visible if you just look at the table properties in powerBI."? 

Best Regrds,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Anonymous
Not applicable

So I started with a Directquery connection in the PowerQuery editor. Created a table.

Then decided I needed to use import instead, so I changed the connection method (using the "source" step in the PowerQuery editor, choosing Import from the radio buttons) to use Import instead of DirectQuery. Then closed the query editor.

But this change is never applied. When I go back to the query editor, The radio button is still set to use DirectQuery!  

So to reproduce:

1 connect to a table on an sql server using directquery.

2. Change the connection method from directquery to import in the "source" step by clikcing the radio button next to "import.

3. Apply

4. Close the query editor, close & apply.

5. Open the query editor. Open the "source" step again.

6. You will see that the connection method is still set to DirectQuery.

Hope this helps!

Jaap 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

I have reported this issue internally: CRI 117720755. Will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

The PG team already created a bug to track this issue. Will update here if there is any update. 

Workaround: 

On Report view, select the table, click on “…” then choose Properties to change Storage Mode to Import.  

q3.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu