Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Implementation 2.0 SAP Connector

Trying to test the new Implementation 2.0 Connector. After entering the sytem information and clicking ok, I receive this error:

The type initializer for 'Microsoft.Mashup.Engine1.Library.SapBusinessWarehouse.SapBwMicrosoftProviderFactoryService' threw an exception.

I am using a new Windows 10 machine.

The Implementation 2.0 Connector works fine on a Windows 7 machine.

Anyone have any ideas on what the issue is?

tp

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @tap,

Do you run the same Power BI desktop version in Windows 10 machine as run in Windows 7? 

Please check if you miss any steps follow this article: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-sap-bw-connector

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

tap
Frequent Visitor

yes, I am running the exact same Power BI version on both machine.

Thanks. tp

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @tap,

I'm trying to get SAP .NET Connector 3.0 then test on my side. Will update here after finishing test. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @tap,

Based on my test on Windows 10 with Power BI desktop version 2.59.5135.601 64-bit (June 2018), we can use SAP Business Warehouse Application Server with Implementation 2.0 to get data fine without any error occurs. Please install the same connector and desktop version as ours then test again. 

q4.PNG

q3.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

tap
Frequent Visitor

Hi Qiuyun,

That is the version we have.

They are building us a new desktop to try it one so hopefully it works.

Thanks. tap

tap
Frequent Visitor

The issue was due to security settings on Windows 10 and the SAP download not telling us it could not installl everything.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any update for this ?