Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Impala connection not working in August version

Hi,

I found the Impala connection is not working in Aug. version PBI Desktop (in fact, it has issue since July version). Below is error message. However, it works in March version with exact same connection. So I believe it should be a bug.

Details: "ODBC: ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ThriftExtension] (0) Failed to initialize SASL client library: generic failure"

Thanks, MD

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @md4fun,

In previous Power BI desktop, after you get data from Impala successfully, please go to Query Editor, open Advanced Editor, copy all code. 

In Power BI desktop desktop August version, please use Blank Query data source, then go to Query Editor, open Advanced Editor for the blank query, select all code, paste copied code to see if the same issue occurs. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu  

md4fun

Qiuyun,

I got the same error as below in Query Editor as per your suggestion. 

DataSource.Error: ODBC: ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ThriftExtension] (0) Failed to initialize SASL client library: generic failure
Details:
DataSourceKind=Impala
DataSourcePath=xxxxxxxx
OdbcErrors=Table

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @md4fun,

I don't have environment to test Impala data source currently. I would suggest you create a support ticket to Microsoft and let engineers look into your environment. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

md4fun

Finally, found the root cause with MSFT support. It ends up PBI desktop from AppStore has issue, so once re-install the version downloaded from MSFT web, it's working. 

So if anyone encounter similar issue, please try web download version.