Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Images on first page of embedded report flicker and disappear

I have an Image URL visualization which shows an image of the company that is selected in a slicer. It is live on https://www.talkingengagement.ca/municipal-culture-indicators

All my images are publicly hosted URLs, in the right format. They all work except for the first image that loads by default. That image flickers in and out, and sometimes disappears completely. The data responds perfectly to the slicer, the flickering problem is only with the image.

I tried to troubleshoot by changing the image, changing the number and order of companies in my data; the problem is always with whichever image is loaded first.

In powerBI Desktop and MyWorkspace, everything is fine. The problemarises when the report is embedded, on all browsers. The problem is intermittent

Hi @splambo ,

Based on the information you provided, this is an intermittent problem. With the information available now, it's hard to tell where the problem is.
Does this problem only appear in this particular statement? By embedding into the browser do you mean embedding into a specific web portal here or can it be published to the web?

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @splambo ,

Based on the information you provided, this is an intermittent problem. With the information available now, it's hard to tell where the problem is.
Does this problem only appear in this particular statement? By embedding into the browser do you mean embedding into a specific web portal here or can it be published to the web?

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

splambo
Helper I

It's embedded on a public website, here: https://www.talkingengagement.ca/municipal-culture-indicators

The only I know of in order to test it is to look at this webpage on different machines and browsers. The fact that it is intermitent makes it quite hard to diagnose. I have several colleagues looking at it and I can spot no trend as to which browser or OS works, whether our company VPN is to blame, etc.

I only know that it is the images on the first page that flicker, no matter which image I use.

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support

Hi @splambo

if you are a Power BI Pro licensee, you can create a support ticket for free and a dedicated Microsoft engineer will come to solve the problem for you.
It would be great if you continue to share in this issue to help others with similar problems after you know the root cause or solution.

The link of Power BI Support: Support | Microsoft Power BI

For how to create a support ticket, please refer to How to create a support ticket in Power BI - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

splambo
Helper I

I have done that, awaiting a reply. Thank you.