Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Image rendering issue post latest PBIRS upgrade

Looks like the latest version (Version 1.2.6660.39920) of the March PBIRS upgrade brought a new issue realted to how images are being rendered in SSRS (paginated) reports. 

We have an image placed in a report and it is set it to "fit" so it expands or contracts and fits per the size of the screen. It worked fine until the latest update. Now the image cuts out. 

Appears as if the "fit" algorithm was modified to fix another issue and that in turn is causing this new issue. 

Power BI Report Server

• Version 1.2.6660.39920 (Build 15.0.2.389), Released: March 28, 2018

• Bug fixes
      • For Power BI Reports (PBIX), fix for Export Data not working from Power BI Visuals
      • For Power BI Reports (PBIX), fix for URL filters not working
      • For Paginated Reports (RDL), fix for images not being displayed correctly in IE11 after upgrading to Power BI Report Server March release

Here's an example:-

Note: Issue appears to be when we are using Image Sizing="Fit" in the report and in the URL we use rc:Zoom=Whole%20Page

PBIRS Image issue.png

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all,

I can reproduce the issue now. Already reported internally: MSSOLVE 118041217987658. Will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

vickyd
Helper V
Thanks. Good to know that you were able to reproduce. Hopefully won't take long to fix.
vickyd
Helper V
Any update on when this will be resolved?
MattJones
Employee

Hello Folks,

Thanks for the feedback!  I'm looking into this issue and while debugging the problem, I found a few workarounds.

1. Disable the toolbar (append &rc:toolbar=false to the URL)

2. Start with 100 (use &rc:zoom=100 in the URL and then change to Whole Page/Page Width from the dropdown)

3. Don't use &rc:zoom in the URL and just use the dropdown

Thanks,

Matt Jones

vickyd
Helper V

@MattJonesThanks for the workarounds, however these don't really help in our scenario as we want the dashboard to be whole page when the user launches it itself. The image used represents a 360 view and is the most liked and most used page within the organization so definitely don't want to spoil that experience. 

I hope you are able to find a solution to this quickly especially given it was working fine prior to this release. 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

I got information that the fix will be released with July production release but cannot guarantee it. Please use workaround mentioned by @MattJones till the issue is fixed. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

vickyd
Helper V
That's disappointing! Those workarounds either require user intervention or require not using the zoom feature itself, neither of which actually help solve our problem of being able to show an image zoomed to the whole page when the user launches the report.