Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Image , Color of Background Severely Lost

Dear Teams, 

My few reports recently are lost the images i inserted in and Lost the Color Background. 
the background turn Black while i used Red, 

It looks okay on the power BI service and desktop , but severely not okay on Publich link embaded. 

Anyone can help me how to settle this ? This bugs looks annoying on the report. 

thanks for your support so far.  

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous@pftcg,

I got this information internally:

The problem is that the wallpaper option is not working in web urls, and now also not in the service. Mind you, the problem is only with existing reports made with an older version of powerbi, where I now use the wallpaper option. Deleting the embed code and making it again seemed to work (before the update, didn’t check after) but is not an option because we use the urls in external applications and changing them has impact.

---

There isn't a way around this blocker - URL will change whenever you upload the to web url, your code should read the URL from the page itself
<iframe width="800" height="600" src="https://msit.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiYmQ2NjAzZmUtNzAyMi00ZWRiLTk2ZTUtOWFmMWYzMTI0YjYwIiwidCI6IjcyZjk4OGJmLTg2ZjEtNDFhZi05MWFiLTJkN2NkMDExZGI0NyIsImMiOjV9" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

I would propose using regex to catch this pattern

iframe width="800" height="600" src="https://msit.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiYmQ2NjAzZmUtNzAyMi00ZWRiLTk2ZTUtOWFmMWYzMTI0YjYwIiwidCI6IjcyZjk4OGJmLTg2ZjEtNDFhZi05MWFiLTJkN2NkMDExZGI0NyIsImMiOjV9" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen="true"

If the customer asks how do I do that - They should be able to produce flexible code for these types of issues. Also clarification is needed on why this would cause impact, all they would need to do is change their backend code to represent the new url

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

I dont understand. You said: "Publish your pbix file to Power BI service and publish to web doesn't have this issue, it seems the issue happens to the report publisher to service before. ", I interpret that as a confirmation that there is a bug here. And in the follow up you write that I should be flexible and adjust my application's urls.

Am I understanding that correctly?

Cant you just fix the bug?

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

Please test again with your Publish to web URL, it works fine on my side now. 

@pftcg Please also test on your side to see if the issue is gone. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft

I cannot retest because I generated new web urls for all problem reports like you said.