Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Image , Color of Background Severely Lost

Dear Teams, 

My few reports recently are lost the images i inserted in and Lost the Color Background. 
the background turn Black while i used Red, 

It looks okay on the power BI service and desktop , but severely not okay on Publich link embaded. 

Anyone can help me how to settle this ? This bugs looks annoying on the report. 

thanks for your support so far.  

Comments
alenchalak
Regular Visitor

The same issues here, maybe from last week.

PNG and shapemaps are not showing up in the reports.

https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiMDY4MzEzNDYtZWE2OC00YTZkLTk3OTctOGJkMzU0YmFlNWEyIiwidCI6ImU1Y...

gustavotorrealb
Frequent Visitor

Good Morning .-

I would like to know if there is anyone from the PowerBI team investigating these issues that all of us are having? it is making difficult the service to our departments.

Thanks

IAmDan
Advocate I

So I did a little testing, and i'm even more confused. There's definitely something not working somewhere.

I uploaded another copy of my pbix, nothing changed but the name, published to web and the images worked.

So, assuming that i would just need to delete my original and re-upload to solve the problem i deleted both copies (original and test), published my original again to the service and published to web.  This time the images were not working.

I decided to try and re-publish my test version, that was working, but this time the images were not working on this version either.  I then published a second test version, again only the name had changed, and the images were working.

So now i have three copies of the same PBIX, two with images not working and one with images working.

Original (not working): Click Here

Test 1 (was working but now isn't): Click Here

Test 2 (working, might stop at some point!): Click Here

eduardo
Helper I
Anonymous
Not applicable

This has been consistent with our experience for about a week.  The primary issue being the lack of images, often used for backgrounds.  It has been suggested to republish and create a new link, but our customers have integrated these links throughout their platform and this is not an acceptable solution (would require an intensive overhaul).  We need this basic functionality back fast!  

denveroed
Advocate I

Same issue here -- when publish report to the web, image is missing and colors on charts have gone back to defaults. I cannot change the link as it is bookmarked by many people, and it has ruined the dashboard completely -- see below.  Microsoft needs to fix this ASAP. 

OriginalColors.PNGWebVersion.PNG

Lord_IRoman

I have the same issue:

Activity ID898a7b74-e996-466b-9a90-a69ecb156647
Request IDe1b61acb-4db0-01fc-5b74-800773ef3795
Correlation ID22dd0872-2be9-967f-0309-d7b87c5de1e0
Status code401
TimeWed Aug 15 2018 12:04:37 GMT-0500 (hora de verano central)
Version13.0.6289.161

Anonymous
Not applicable

This issue can now be seen on the main support page under the "Awareness" and seems to be slated for a correction patch tomorrow.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

ryan-gao
Helper III

Hi guys

this issue will occured when you created the pbix using early desktop version(before 2018  august update), and try to update this file using august version.

as I  see ,it only occurs  in publish to web, which means the background image and imported image works well in the service.

yes, recreate the pbix and upload a new file to the service and then publish really works,but i don't think this is a good solution,because if this issue report was widely shared among the organization, the change notice will make them feeling bad.

alenchalak
Regular Visitor

Hi ryan-gao,

I do not think that the issue is August update. It was the issue without any updates in August. 

Agree that it occurs only in publish to web, and in fact, this is where you need these Images and Maps the most. Not everyone can see (have access) to the service.

Annoying thing is that it is for now known issue (indeed very critical one), and it seems that it is registered as internal case (CRI 79681873 - the post on the page 1). But no further updates are provided! Does someone care about this issue?!