Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Icon lost from Pinned Taskbar shortcut after installing Desktop Update each month

Hi,

Something that's annoyed me for a while is that each month after installing the PowerBI Desktop monthly update, the icon disappears from the shortcut I have pinned to my taskbar in Windows 10.  To fix it I have to unpin PowerBI from the taskbar and then pin it again and drag it back into the preferred position.  This happens every month.  Can something be done to stop this happening?

Regards, David

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

I have reported this issue internally: CRI 79917874. Will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you.  Certainly not the highest priority but worth fixing some time Smiley Happy

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

It happened again with today's update.  In case this helps with the troubleshooting, today, instead of unpinning and repinning it to the taskbar, I went into the properties of the pinned shortcut and clicked 'Change Icon' and the following error message appeared (note the path says Installer).  After clicking OK, I was able to select the PBIDesktop.exe and the icon was restored.

IconIssue.png

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

I got below information from PG team: 

This is most likely Win 10 issue and we saw it with other apps too. At this point, reliably reproducing and fixing this issue would be pretty expensive and is not aligned with it's business priority. We are not planning to address this issue in near future.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu