Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ISSUE - transient issue failure Dataset

ERROR: The last refresh attempt failed because of an internal service error. This is usually a transient issue. If you try again later and still see this message.

• Activity ID9e8b6062-72de-4787-b408-74793fa21c5b
  • Request ID1f977c82-6c54-4198-8e44-f693c0f10ed7

I have checked the pbix file and it is fine the dataset will not publish or refresh. I have also tried clearing the cache. Any help would be appriciated. 

Thanks, 

Heather 

Hi @hyoung,

May I know what are the data source and connection mode of your dataset? Did you use Gateway for this dataset? If you check in refresh history of the dataset, will you see any key words of these failures? If you download the dataset report and refresh it from Desktop, will it refresh successfully?

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Comments
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @hyoung,

May I know what are the data source and connection mode of your dataset? Did you use Gateway for this dataset? If you check in refresh history of the dataset, will you see any key words of these failures? If you download the dataset report and refresh it from Desktop, will it refresh successfully?

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

hyoung

Hello, 

Thanks for looking into to this. We did use a gateway which is installed on our Azure instance of SQL server. 

Data Sorce is SQL server. The desktop file refreshes without an issue. When the desktop file is published the dataset fails. Also, when the dataset is refreshed it fails. Any assistance would be greatly appricated. 

Thanks, 

Heather 

hyoung

Oh, I just noticed I did not answer the query mode. It is direct query.