Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ISSUE WITH data refresh

Since about 2 weeks I get the following notification with refresh of of the dataset in power BI service.

However, i can refresh the model in my Power BI desktop and publish it to the service.   The on demand refresh is completing in 'One drive' but get the below error in the scheduled refresh

Would anyone be able the help resolve the issue?  

• Processing errorInformation is needed in order to combine data
  • Cluster URIWABI-WEST-EUROPE-E-PRIMARY-redirect.analysis.windows.net
  • Activity IDc4c308c2-d328-4871-acb9-6ec802810852
  • Request ID70fb2871-96ef-46fe-bcfb-de821ae17049
  • Time2022-04-01 06:58:08Z

Hi @FinanceService ,

Thanks for your confirmation! That's great!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Comments
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @FinanceBonka ,

May I know is your dataset a composite dataset? What are the data sources of your dataset? Do you mean you only get problem with scheduled refresh but not with on-demand refresh in Power BI service?

vcazhengmsft_1-1649037925368.png

According the error info, you may try the solution here: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Information-is-needed-in-order-to-combine-data/m-p/574058. Please let me know whether this solution works for you. Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

FinanceService

I have indeed a composite dataset with Odata - share point and SQL Database connections.

The refresh was working well on the PBI desktop but not on the service.   Both on demand as well as scheduled refreshed failed.  The issue was one connection for wich organizational privacy level was not organizational.

However I published the dataset with correct privacy levels to the Service, these settings in the service did not updated.  I now did this manually in the service and problem seems to be resolved

thank you for solution provided, I have solved the problem.

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @FinanceService ,

Thanks for your confirmation! That's great!

Best Regards,