Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ISSUE - Firefox only Norsk(Boksmål) - Text not bold when it should be

Hi,

I have made a report that most will be shown in Norsk(Boksmål). In the bottom of the report that is a total made with bold. In Chrome, Explorer, and Edge it works fine, but not in Firefox. If I change the language to English or Danish then firefox works fine as well. What to do?

Kr DouglasEmil

Udklip 23.08.2019.JPGUdklip 23.08.2019 Chrome.JPG

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

Do you mean change Power BI service language to Norsk(Boksmål)? 

Based on my test, if we change Power BI service language to Norsk(Boksmål), when we view the report with FireFox browser, the Total row in table visual keep displaying with bold format. 

q3.PNGq2.PNG

Please update your Firefox browser to the same version as ours then test again. Also you can test with our sample report to see if the same issue occurs. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI Qiuyun Yu,

Thanks for getting back on this. Almost correct. Norsk(Boksmål) Language setting works fine in Power BI Services(There is however an issue with English language setting on thousand separators and comma mentioned further below*). I mean Power BI service when you press "publish to web" link, as shown below using Firefox(Mine is up to date version 68.0.2 (64-bits)):

Pusblish to web.jpg

Publish to net.JPG

Thanks for sending your test report. In this the total was bold for me as well:

Test Firefox Bold text-total.JPG

I looked further into the report where I had an issue and saw that I did not inform you well enough. As for the total I used cards visualization to show the total with a filter:

Total Letters issue in Firefox.jpg

To understand further I:

1. Downloaded the report with the issue

2. Uninstalled Power BI desktop and re-installed

3. Opened report with the issue and published it to Power Bi services

4. Created "publish to web" link and opened in Firefox with language Norsk(Boksmål)

After doing this the total worked correctly even in the original report link, where the issue was found earlier. I tested 2 days last week, before sending the issue to you, and experienced on day 1 that in firefox it only once showed normal text format and then bold. Day 2 it only showed normal all day. Today it showed the normal text, until I did the steps above, which I find interesting especially as the old/original link I did not change anything.... Will test again tomorrow and let you know if it is still bold.

*NEW ISSUE: When doing this test I found an issue that that was addressed in an earlier idea/issue: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Thound-seperator-and-comma-NORWAY-ISSUE-in-browser/idc-p/772....

When using "Publish to web" link or Iframe in it shows 1,000/100.00%. Should be 1.000/100,00% or 1 000/100,00%. This is found in Chrome and Firefox with the language set to either Norsk(Boksmål) or ENGLISH. Please see the example below:

Chrome English:Chrome English.JPG

Chrome Norsk(Boksmål):Chrome Norsk(Boksmål).JPG

Firefox English:Firefox English.JPG

Firefox Norsk(Boksmål):Firefox Norsk(Boksmål).JPG

It is also found in Power BI services when language is set to English. 

Hope level of detail is ok. Thanks for addressing the issues.

Kind Regards DouglasEmil

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Tested it this morning and got the following the first couple of times:

tempsnip1.jpg

That was with English language setting in firefox as I had forgotten:) Then I changed it to Norwegian and got this:

Udklip.JPG

Changed it back to English and it stayed bold.

Any suggestions?

Kr Douglas Emil

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

Please test again. If the issue still occurs, I would suggest you create a support ticket to let engineers look into the issue on your side. 

Support Ticket.gif

For your new issue, I already replied to you in your new thread: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Thousand-separator-and-comma/idi-p/777458

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. I have created a support ticket.