Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ISSUE - Dataset not discovering. Not able to see Gateway Options in the dataset

Hi,

I have published a pbix file on PBI service platform. The datasource is a MariaDB datasource and is setup in import mode. After I publish, I am not able to see the Gateway Option for the dataset. Also, not able to see the Data Refresh option. I have configured the standard gateway and also the datasource is configured in powerbi service platform. Is this a bug? I checked documentation and MariaDB is fully supported by powerbi.

Reetej_0-1670012288900.png

Regards,

Reetej

Hi all,

This is acknowledged as an issue.

We have reported the issue and submitted it to the internal icm platform, No: 353461347. Engineers will do their best to resolve the issue. I will update you here if there is any progress , please be patient.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

Comments
crf_ce
Regular Visitor

We are experiencing this same issue with multiple datasets in various workspaces. Hopefully there is a solution listed soon.

Reetej
Advocate I

Adding the error details while manually refreshing the dataset.

Data source error: Unable to refresh the model (id=6392794) because it references an unsupported data source.
Cluster URI: WABI-SOUTH-EAST-ASIA-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: 751fe19a-d075-405d-9c3a-8d4df49002f0
Request ID: 0cb33286-a929-3182-e7ed-1b2f22e7ba99
Time: 2022-12-02 20:35:06Z

CGodfrey
Frequent Visitor

Adding my voice to this ticket, experiencing the same issue on my end.

Tried the following to resolve.

1) Delected all Permissions and signed back in.

2) Cleared all the cashes. 

Re-published the dashboard and then tried to refresh online platform. Refresh fails due to Resource.Access.

Resource.Access Ticket.png

CGodfrey
Frequent Visitor

Microsoft, any update here?

crf_ce
Regular Visitor

@CGodfrey we are having that exact same issue as well with republished reports. They refresh fine in PBI desktop though using ODBC connections vs the gateway.

CGodfrey
Frequent Visitor

@crf_ce Microsoft appears to now be aware and working on a fix. If you go here you can see the updates. 

Screenshot 2022-12-07 113129.png

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi all,

This is acknowledged as an issue.

We have reported the issue and submitted it to the internal icm platform, No: 353461347. Engineers will do their best to resolve the issue. I will update you here if there is any progress , please be patient.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn