Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

ISSUE-Community site functionality not working again

Hi all,

I already posted about this on the Power BI forum itself. For the last couple of days I have been experiencing, yet again, issues in the community site, with a number of things not working. Amongst others:

1. Unresponsive Topic Options menu button

2. The three dots menu where a published post can be edited is not working

3. I get a blank pop-up window (like the one that asks to complete a survey about the site) continually

4. Preview feature not working (it never returns)

5. Can't give kudos or accept solution ("authentication failed")

6. Can only view the first batch of my notifications ("authentication failed" when 'View more' is pressed)  

Clearing the cache doesn't change anything. 

Have these problems been identified? Do you know when this is going to be fixed? Any workaround in the meantime?

Many thanks

Comments
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@AlB,

I am unable to reproduce this issue on my side. @await, could you please help on this issue?

Regards,
Lydia

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Investigating

AlB
Super User
Super User

Hi @v-yuezhe-msft

Thanks for your reply

From what I see most of the issues I described are gone now. I haven't changed anything at all since yesterday in my system so I don't think it's on my side. Plus there were quite a few people on the site commenting they had similar issues. 

The only two on the list that are still failing now are:

3. I keep getting continually this pop-up window asking me to fill in a survey about the site. The difference is that yesterday it was always blank and now the text is visible. It looks like it comes up less frequently now though.

6. I still can't get access to all my notifications. When I press the "View more" button on the first page I still get the "Authentication failed" error

Thanks

AlB
Super User
Super User

Hi @v-yuezhe-msft

I just noticed another problem that is worrying me much more than the previous ones. All my subscriptions are gone (the list at least comes up empty) and so is the list of my posted messages. Disappeared. Hope this can be fixed quickly as it seriously hinders my participation in the community. 

Thanks very much for your help

AlB
Super User
Super User

Hi @v-yuezhe-msft

A quick update. Everything seems to be working now. 

I can see my subscriptions and notifications again and it's been a while since I last got the pop-up window.

Thanks

await
Helper IV

Hello @AlB and @v-yuezhe-msft, our platform provider made a change on their side that should have resolved the issues you were facing, and from your last post, that seems to be the case. I am going to resolve this idea.

await
Helper IV
Status changed to: Delivered

AlB
Super User
Super User

Thanks very much @await