Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

IPower BI Desktop - Can't log in with user

Hi, I'm trying to sign in with my user in Power BI Desktop, but it goes in a loop. 

1: I enter my mail

2: I have to re'select my login (I work towards several Power BI Tenants, so I have 4-5 account to work with, depending on which customer needs my help)

3: The dialoguebox just returns

I have tried to reinstall, restart and more. Also tried the other accounts with no luck. I have worked like this for a couple of years, strange that it suddenly happened.

fjellfisk_0-1643209485910.png

Hi All,

There is an existing ICM for this issue(ICM 285762606). Product team is investigating on this issue for a fix for it. Please be patient to wait for fixing. If there is any news, I will update it here. And currently, please take the steps from fjellfisk as a workaround.

Thanks for your understating!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Comments
germanpp
Frequent Visitor

Thank you very much fjellfish, I had the exact same problem you describe, and your workaround solved it.

michaelsh
Kudo Kingpin

Same problem here, it happens for certain accounts, not all.

Thanks @Anonymous  for workaround.

Microsoft, please fix

Arnoh
Helper III

Hi i have the same issue but workaround works. 

Thanx fjellfisk

jakeryan56
Helper III

It is absolutely ridiculous this is still happening after a week!!

kevingauv
Advocate II

Same problem here... Only some accounts seems to be affected... still with December version (2.100.1401.0) on our side...

NielsRH
Frequent Visitor

Same issue. @Anonymous saved my day 🙌

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi All,

There is an existing ICM for this issue(ICM 285762606). Product team is investigating on this issue for a fix for it. Please be patient to wait for fixing. If there is any news, I will update it here. And currently, please take the steps from fjellfisk as a workaround.

Thanks for your understating!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

johanjsc
Helper I

Thanks @Anonymous  for the workaround - saved my week!!!

kevingauv
Advocate II

@v-cazheng-msft , FYI, the workaround proposed is not working on our side.

pegaertner86

@Anonymous , thank you for this solve. I cant believe this the solve. But it does work. And here i thought i tried every combination 😊MS Please can there be a proper fix to this.