Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

IPower BI Desktop - Can't log in with user

Hi, I'm trying to sign in with my user in Power BI Desktop, but it goes in a loop. 

1: I enter my mail

2: I have to re'select my login (I work towards several Power BI Tenants, so I have 4-5 account to work with, depending on which customer needs my help)

3: The dialoguebox just returns

I have tried to reinstall, restart and more. Also tried the other accounts with no luck. I have worked like this for a couple of years, strange that it suddenly happened.

fjellfisk_0-1643209485910.png

Hi All,

There is an existing ICM for this issue(ICM 285762606). Product team is investigating on this issue for a fix for it. Please be patient to wait for fixing. If there is any news, I will update it here. And currently, please take the steps from fjellfisk as a workaround.

Thanks for your understating!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Comments
tdga
Frequent Visitor

Same issue here 😞 
Edit: Are you trying to connect on an Azure account? For me it seems that these accounts are causing some logon issues.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It worked until lately. But now only 2 of 5 accounts are possible to log in to. The 3 others just goes back where I must add the email. No errors though. It is O365 isers pro licences. It works logging in to the powerbi portal.

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @Anonymous 

May I know whether you are using the latest version of Power BI Desktop(Version: 2.100.1401.0 January 2022)? Could you please check whether you have enabled Power BI Desktop infrastructure update option in Files>Options and Settings> Preview features? If you have enabled it, please disable it and try again.

vcazhengmsft_0-1643256701624.png

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

greglong
Regular Visitor

My colleague and I are having exactly the same issue with Power BI Desktop (version Dec 2021) which started yesterday.  We have unticked the "Power BI Desktop infrastructure update" preview feature which does not resolve the issue.  I'm using the Desktop version from the Microsoft Store, which must not yet have version Jan 2022.  Please resolve this issue ASAP as it is affecting all Power BI development with external customers.

greglong_0-1643265558303.png

greglong_1-1643265599121.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't enabled the infrastructure preview.

I tried to roll back from the 2.100.1401.0 version to the 2.87.923.0 but with no luck.

tdga
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-cazheng-msft 

So I've tried to download the link you provided and I can see that the serial number matches the number you wrote "(Version: 2.100.1401.0 January 2022)"

After installation the number is the same but the information shows "December 2021". I'm assuming it's the right version I've installed and I also disabled the feature Power BI Desktop infrastructure update option

I'm still having the same issues and still can't sign in.

Looking forward to hear from you again.

Best regards,

TDGA

Anonymous
Not applicable

Eureka! I found a solution for my problem! 🙂

1: In desktop, Sign in

2: In the pop-up window, choose the account you signed in with. Then click next

3: in the same pop-up window, now click on "Can't access your account?"

4: In the next pop-up window, click on cancel

5: now, click on "use another account", adde the mailaddress. and voila! 🙂

tdga
Frequent Visitor

@Anonymous thanks for the update! 🙂

I do hope MS will come up with a fix but I can confirm that your workaround seems to work 👍

Best regards,

TDGA

greglong
Regular Visitor

@Anonymous- I can also confirm that this workaround enables login.  😎

Seems like MS needs to iron out the bugs in the login authentication process. 😖

Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad I could help!😊👍