Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

IE11 crashes when consuming report

Hi!

I have a quite simple report and a small size dataset behind (approx 2000 rows in largest tabel, total 5 tables).
The report is based of 3 slicers (shown as dropdowns) and 4 100% stacked bar charts.

The problem accours when consuming this report in IE 11, no matter if it is consumed by app.powerbi.com or in "publish to web" mode. The report will crash when selecting from all of the 3 slicers, idependent which order you pick. Even if the the last slicers only show 1 option, yhen you choose that option IE11 is shutting down and the message "A problem with this webpage coused Internet Explorer to close and reopen the tab.". It occours every time, i even tried to recreate the report in lastest version of Power BI Desktop but no nothing change. If I remove the slicers, or edit 100% stacked bar charts to pie diagrams it all works! If att used another stacked bar diagram (not the 100% one) the problem is still there.

Everything works fine in Edge, Chome etc. I have updated IE11 to the latest version; 11.228.17134.0

Any ideas?

Best regards
Comments
ashleylarsen
Frequent Visitor

I experienced the same issue on different PBI reports.

The same reports work well with Chrome.

IE 11 : 11.0.9600.19100 , Update Version: 11.0.75 (KB4343205)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same issue here - internet explorer keeps crashing while on Power BI Service.  Ironically, I have no issues with a non-Microsoft browser (Google Chrome).

Internet Explorer 11.0.9600.19129

Please fix as my executive team all use internet explorer and they have zero patience for crashes.

Thanks.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

You can keep on eye on the status of this issue on Support page: 

q5.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

The fix should reach PROD now. Please test again to see if the issue persists. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

bosse_
Regular Visitor

Thanks! Works fine! 

akrouskop

@v-qiuyu-msft --

This issue still persists for all our reports hosted in Power BI Gov.

Things seem improved in terms of standard report interactions, but going into a report and clicking the "Refresh" button 5-10 times consistently causes Internet Explorer 11 to crash.

Refresh-IE-11-Crash.png

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

@akrouskop Power BI Government is different from commercial Power BI service. If issue persists, please create a support ticket to get support. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu