Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

IE11 crashes when consuming report

Hi!

I have a quite simple report and a small size dataset behind (approx 2000 rows in largest tabel, total 5 tables).
The report is based of 3 slicers (shown as dropdowns) and 4 100% stacked bar charts.

The problem accours when consuming this report in IE 11, no matter if it is consumed by app.powerbi.com or in "publish to web" mode. The report will crash when selecting from all of the 3 slicers, idependent which order you pick. Even if the the last slicers only show 1 option, yhen you choose that option IE11 is shutting down and the message "A problem with this webpage coused Internet Explorer to close and reopen the tab.". It occours every time, i even tried to recreate the report in lastest version of Power BI Desktop but no nothing change. If I remove the slicers, or edit 100% stacked bar charts to pie diagrams it all works! If att used another stacked bar diagram (not the 100% one) the problem is still there.

Everything works fine in Edge, Chome etc. I have updated IE11 to the latest version; 11.228.17134.0

Any ideas?

Best regards
Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @bosse_,

Would you please share the pbix file with us? You can upload it to your OneDrive and send the link to me via private message. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

bosse_
Regular Visitor

PM sent! 

Coline
Frequent Visitor

Hello,

I have the same issue, with all my reports.

No problem with Chrome.

IE 11 : 11.0.9600.18893

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @bosse_,

I have reported this issue internally: CRI 82570174. Will update here once I get any information. 

@Coline Please update your IE 11 to the latest version 11.228.17134.0 then test again. If the issue persists, please share your issued pbix file and detail steps to reproduce the issue, so we can check if it's indeed the same issue as @bosse_'s. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

RossPalmer
Regular Visitor

I am having the same issue. I have users using different versions of IE on a mix of windows 7 and 10 and IE is crashing on reports which the dataset is an analysis services tabular model.

gipiluso
Resolver II

I experienced the same issue on different PBI reports.

I noticed the problem at the beginning of this week on reports that didn't have any issue so far.

Please be aware that the same reports work well with Chrome and Edge

Coline
Frequent Visitor

Hello @v-qiuyu-msft

We opened a case about the issue.

gipiluso
Resolver II

we also opened a case with the reference of the issue in the community.

I will update this in case of news.

GP