Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

IDataReader Auto Refresh Error

Hi, I have a couple reports that are pulling data from Google Analytics. All of them are having the same refresh error online but I can refresh them without any issues in desktop. I made sure that I have the latest version of Power BI and republished the reports.

Data source errorThe field 'errors' of the record wasn't found.. The exception was raised by the IDataReader interface. Please review the error message and provider documentation for further information and corrective action.

Cluster URIWABI-US-NORTH-CENTRAL-B-redirect.analysis.windows.net

Activity IDc4f67ac7-c460-40d0-a33f-d8ac9011065e

Request ID3a033332-e5f8-494b-9d9d-280a071a4e85

Time2021-10-11 19:34:35Z

I don't have any field name "errors" in my reports. How can I fix this issue?

Comments
Yut37

Hi, @Anonymous 

I have been getting the same error as you since October 11.
I think that this is probably not caused by us, but by the server side of Power BI.

---

Data source erro: The field 'errors' of the record wasn't found.. The exception was raised by the IDataReader interface. Please review the error message and provider documentation for further information and corrective action.
Cluster URI: WABI-SOUTH-EAST-ASIA-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: 58c0e2b9-df5a-4336-a46d-8c5178f9aa12

Request ID: 5fd83926-d0ad-0501-8865-1ed88e9b3e8f
Time: 2021-10-12 00:47:30Z

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@Anonymous 

A similar issue has been reported internally, so stay tuned. 
dominikad
Regular Visitor

My reports also cannot be refreshed from yesterday in Power BI service because of this error connected with Google Analytics.

"

The field 'errors' of the record wasn't found.. The exception was raised by the IDataReader interface. Please review the error message and provider documentation for further information and corrective action.

"

mjayachandran

We are using both 'Premium per User' and Pro. The same report works perfectly fine on PPU. The issue is only on Pro or maybe other license types. Let hope MS fixs this soon 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous  @v-chuncz-msft  Our organization is experiencing the same issue with Google Analytics connector Power BI reports. The Power BI Service error message is, "The field 'errors' of the record wasn't found.. The exception was raised by the IDataReader interface. Please review the error message and provider documentation for further information and corrective action." 

Here is the Power BI Community thread on the issue: Re: Google Analytics connector - refresh error in ... - Microsoft Power BI Community

guitar___
Frequent Visitor

Issue seems to be resolved as scheduled refreshes are now working since yesterday evening.

7700-2
Frequent Visitor

Hey everyone. I believe this is a reoccurrence of the Microsoft quota limits on the Google Analytics API. When pulling data through a dataflow, this error was observed:

Expression.Error: O campo 'errors' do registro não foi encontrado.
Detalhes
code = 429
message = Quota exceeded for quota metric 'Requests' and limit 'Requests per day' of service 'analyticsreporting.googleapis.com' for consumer 'project_number:664933364861'.
status = RESOURCE_EXHAUSTED
details = {[...]}

It's been raised several times before, dating as far back as 2019, it shows up and resolves after a few days:

Google Analytics API Error - Microsoft Power BI Community

Google Analytics issue: Request failed (403): Quot... - Microsoft Power BI Community

powerbi - Issues with connecting Google Analytics to Power BI - Stack Overflow

It will happen as long as Microsoft shares the same API key among all users. What we need is the custom connector to evolve to a point where we can use our own API keys and also select a date range to reduce the amount of data being pulled into our datasets.

@v-chuncz-msft can you please relay this to the devs?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just manually refreshed my reports and it looks like autorefresh is working fine again. I saw quota exceeded error before as @7700-2 mentioned before, and I usually needed to manually refresh to solve the problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I submitted a Microsoft support ticket on Tuesday morning. Microsoft called me in the afternoon to say that the issue was resolved and I confirmed it is also working for me. The answer from Microsoft regarding the issue was, "During troubleshooting, we noticed user was facing refresh failure for reports using Google Analytics data source in Power BI Service. This was a known issue from Power BI and Product team has fixed the issue. "