Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

IBM DB2 Connector very Slow

Hey there,

since the December '18 Update of PowerBI Desktop the IBM DB2 Connector works really very slow. Loading data into the model starts fast but gets slower to a point where you get the feeling that you can count with it. Some querys aren't loading at all, all they'll do is "Evaluating". I already opened a Support-Ticket at Microsoft wich they closed with no further notice. I posted this Issue in the community-board and one (!) person said, that he's having exact the same issuses.

The scheduled refreshes in the service don't finish. Cause is a Time-Out. The Error-Message occures 2 hours after the scheduled refresh in the refresh history. 

PowerBI Desktop December '18 and Gateway December '18 are used. During the refresh the cpu usage of my client rises to 95 - 100 % and PowerBI Desktops creates three Mashup Evaluation Containers. RAM-Usage is at ca. 64% (8GB installed). 

Before the December Update a specific Report with 8 Querys took about 1 - 2 Minutes to refresh. Now, i can leave my client for the rest of the day and when i return all the querys are still running. I had to exclude one Query from refreshing cause all it was doing was to "evaluate" wich put the other queries into a "waiting" line.

The crazy thing about this is: If i use the exact same queries (copy - paste the syntax) in Excel, it runs as fast as before the December Update for PowerBI Desktop.

Has anybody else got the same or a familiar problem?

Regards

Bjoern Schaefer

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @BjoernSchaefer,

I would suggest you create a support ticket to let engineers look into the issue on your side. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

BjoernSchaefer
Helper II

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

thanks for the response. I did as you mentioned. Already did this last week and the ticket got closed with no further information.

Let's play the waiting game again. 

Bjoern Schaefer

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @BjoernSchaefer,

Please contact with the ticket owner to investigate the issue. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Stephan_K

Hi @BjoernSchaefer,

we have the same problem with the import from IBMi5 (DB2 Connector).

The new update (February 2019) of PowerBi Desktop didn´t help at all. 

ODBC Connector ist slow, too.

Best Regards,

Stephan K.