Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

IBM DB2 Connector still very slow

Hi everybody,

i installed the new PBI-Desktop Version (Feb '19) and i'm STILL dealing with the the issue, that the IBM DB2-Connector is extremly slow. There's also an active Microsoft Support Ticket (119012519592998) regarding that issue. 

I tested the Feb'19-Version against an earlier Version (April '18) and used a Stopwatch to benchmark ONE query with 2.5 Million rows. You'll find the gathered, and in my opinion, most usefull infos below.

The "Engineer" from Mindtree, wich is a Service Contributor for Microsoft and runs the Support, said, he will forward this issue to the deveolper Team of PBI Desktop and i'll have to wait for the new release. Wich i did, and theres no performance improvement. I had to build all my reports from scratch, because i wasn't able to open the reports, created in PBI Desktop December '18, in an older Version. Also, some great features are missing. And because I wasn't able to get an older Version of the Gateway i have to refresh the Reports manually in PowerBI Desktop, because the Mashup Engine in the Gateway is as slow as in PowerBI Desktop. So the scheduled refreshes in the service won't finish because of a timeout. 

This is all very very unsatisfying. And espacially, i'm very unsatisfiyed with the support. No feedback at all to written emails and the "Engineers" are not on time for scheduled Skype-Sessions. And guess what, i'm not the only person in the whole world who's dealing with this. 

If this sounds harsh i apologise, but i'm really very frustrated. When will this be solved? At least some feedback would be nice, like: "We're investigating this issue and will get in contact with you as soon as possible." or whatever. But a little life-sign would be awesome.

Phew, here's the infos as mentioned above.

PowerBI Desktop VersionCount of QuerysSQL-StatementQuery TypeDeactivated OptionsDatabase ConnectorConnector DriverCount of RowsCount of TablesQuery Duration hh:mm:ssCPU Usage during RefreshCount of Mashup Evaluation ContainersCount of actual working Mashup Evalution Containers
2.66.5376.1681 64-bit (February 2019)1YesImportAuto DateIBM Db2Microsoft252225910,08880787~ 81 %124
2.57.5068.721 64-bit (April 2018)1YesImportAuto DateIBM DB2Microsoft252226410,00060185~ 40 %21

.NET-Version:4.7           
Windows Version:Windows 10 Pro 1809          
CPU:Intel Core i7-8650U          
RAM: 8,0 GB           

Regards

BjoernSchaefer

Comments
BjoernSchaefer
Helper II

The Duration wasn't converted:

Duration for Feb '19: 02:07:53 hh:mm:ss

Duartion for Apr '18: 00:00:52 hh:mm:ss

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @BjoernSchaefer,

Thank you for your feedback. As you already creates a support ticket, I would suggest you contact the ticket owner continuously to get help. 

Also, I will send a email to deliver your concern to the ticket owner and let him contact you ASAP. 

Thanks for your understanding and support. Smiley Happy

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu