Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

IBM DB2 Connector is still extremely slow

BUSo,

the story continues. Since December 18 it's nearly impossible to work with PowerBI Desktop in Combination with an IBM DB2. I don't know what they changed, and i don't care anymore. I JUST WANT IT TO WORK!!!! 

I tested the March '19 Update a few minutes ago.

No Improvement. I just can't believe it. This is totally f****d up.

It took about 5 minutes to load a very simple query with 400.000 rows to load with March '19-Update. And as the query runs, the rows are loading slower and slower. And the query still runs because the Source-Table contains about 2.5 million rows.

With the April '18 Version, the exact same query took 1:45 minutes to load the mentioned 2.5 Million (!!!!!!) rows. 

Instead of releasing new, half finished, preview features, the product team should focus on fixing bugs/issues for a consistent better performance. Don't get me wrong, i'm getting very excited on new features BUT i get the feeling, that Microsoft doesn't fully care about issues. 

This issue is, in my opinion, urgent. And i just can't understand, why it takes MS so long to fix this? No communication besides MS at all. I have an open Support-Ticket and need to contact them and ask for updates. Answer: "The product team is investigating that issue." But for how long???? That issue is known for about 4 Months already. Just get it done. And fix the Mashup Engine in the Gateway in the same place so the scheduled refreshes will be running again. As i've seen, the March-Update of the Gateway has some issues, too. For me, it's unusable since Dec'18 because it contains the same Mashup Engine as in PowerBI Desktop.

What's the consequence? Should i switch to another product like Tableau or Cognos or whatever? Or should i go back to Excel (by the way, the Exel IBM DB2 Connector is faster than in PowerBI Desktop April'18)?? My Company loves the interactive Reports, the really like the new BI Solution. I'm using PowerBI for 4 Years, but this is unacceptable.

I'm angry.

BjoernSchaefer 

Comments
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@BjoernSchaefer ,

Would you mind  sharing your ticket ID here? We will track this ticket id internally.

In addition, the issues in Power BI forum have lower priority than the support tickets , but we will try our best to follow up your issue.

Regards,
Lydia

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Needs Info

BjoernSchaefer
Helper II

@v-yuezhe-msft,

this is the Ticket-Number: 119012519592998.

I don't know since when this ticket is open, but the issue occured in December '18. That's when i opened my first Support Ticket via the Office-Support-Hub.

Regards

BjoernSchaefer

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@BjoernSchaefer ,

Thanks for sharing the ticket id, I will post back once I get any updates.

Regards,
Lydia

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BjoernSchaefer , did you receive any updates. I have the same issue but luckily I can still work with the november version of powerbi

BjoernSchaefer
Helper II

@Anonymous,

The last response from MS is, that the issue will be fixed with the next update of PowerBI Desktop. April '19 Version.

miiclaudiamtz

You need to include fet_buf_size paranethers in the odbc.

You need to include value like 256k, this value you need to add in the folder cbg from ibm driver