Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

I cant update from the power BI Service - Personal Gateway

Hi,

We have a problem because we cannot update from the Power BI Service. I get this message when I put the data:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/positive-agency/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/18162910/033.jpg

The server is a Windows Server 2016 Standard. The gateway is the Personal. The database is a PosgresSQL. As a note, we test the connection from the personal gateway and everything goes well. We install the gateway update and continue with the same problem. We deleted it and reconfigured it from the Power Bi Web

Contact info:

Miguel De la Roca

mdelaroca@positive.agency

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @pbardales

Please check if the provider Npgsql is already installed on the gateway machine. If there is another client tools like Power BI desktop run on the gateway machine, please use the same connection information and credentials to see if it's able to connect to the PostGreSQL successfully in these tools. 

Also please click on "Mostrar detalles" to see detail information after the issue occurs, please provide RequestID and ClusterURI for us. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

pbardales
Regular Visitor
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @pbardales

I don't find more details internally. Please export gateway logs and find the RequestID in "a7f4bc19-938c-a06b-d2a4-3a7619192f25" in log files to see if any detail information is logged. 

q2.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

pbardales
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft 

We already clicked it so that it can export from the "On-premise personal mode" but it takes us to the home screen and comes out as a yellow error message but it happens so fast that we cannot see it.

But we have a log file from November 7. Waiting for your comments.

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/f9c7ce5f5900e1f5cd947bd1af8723c620191122192037/3ae435456e1f507e1ea8...

pbardales
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft 

Any news?

Thanks.