Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

I am getting all the month names in slicer from date hierarchy although i have only dates till may.

Please resolve this issue ASAP.

I am getting all the month names in slicer from date hierarchy although i have only dates till may in coulmn.

Because i have used the date column in dates ytd function.

Regards,

Srinivas Reddy

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

Is it possible for your to share the pbix file with us? If it is, please remove sensitive data then upload the pbix file to your OneDrive, paste the share link here. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Qiuyun Yu,

Thank you very much for the reply.

Please look into the Period dropdown of the pbix file which should have only month names till May.but its showing all month names irrespective of the data.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ML60-Jgm0RsQcHOKoGARqXl43H6hkQcN

Warm Regards,

Srini Reddy

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

I don't have permission to access your file, please double check it. 

Best Regards,

Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft ,

Can you access the file now?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Qiuyun Yu,

Do you think the above issue is the bug or its the default option in Date hierarchy. if its a bug then please accept and fix it in next update release.

once again thank you for the response.

Warm Regards,

Srini Reddy

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

It's by design. You can see the same issue here: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Error-displaying-date-with-hierarchy/idi-p/521352

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-qiuyu-msft 

if its by design then technically your design is wrong.i can only use date in dates ytd along with slicer month from date hierarchy.but if i use month from calucated column which is valid till the available months in the date  then dates ytd wouldn't work based on the calucated column.

Technically it should show only the availble months or days from date column even in date hierachy too.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

Please clarify the "but if i use month from calucated column which is valid till the available months in the date  then dates ytd wouldn't work based on the calucated column." so we can try to find if there is a workaround. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-qiuyu-msft 

I want to display only available month names from date in the slicer when i use datesytd formula in measure.

i can display only available month names in slicer using Month(date) formula but not able to calculate datedytd.