Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

How to share workspaces across different organisations / domains

Hi! 

I'm going to create reports for another organisation than mine. So, we tries to create a workspace on the other organisation that is shared with me, so that I can publish reports to this organisation. I have also tried to create a workspace in my organsation and shared it with the other organisation / domain. But we are not able to access any of them? We also need this company to be able to share this reports / workspaces with other companies aswell.

So my question is: 
How to create reports in a workspace / share a workspace for another company without having a own user account in this domain? 

We both have Power BI Premium accounts. Do both need that?

Hi @tomstude 

For a user outside a tenant, if he/she would like to access the content in this tenant, this user must become a guest user of this organization. Normally, there are two kinds of ways of inviting external user as a guest user: Ad hoc invites and Planned invites. For more details about invitation, please refer to Using Azure AD B2B. After that, if you would like the guest user to edit content in the workspace belonging to your organization, you need enable allow external guest users to edit and manage content in the organization option in the Admin portal by a Power BI service admin or a Global admin. Then, guest user needs to be added to the workspace at least as a Contributor and they need Pro license even this workspace is in Premium capacity. For more details about allow guest users edit content in the organization, please refer to this official blog. Also, you may read this official document to further understand it.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Comments
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @tomstude 

For a user outside a tenant, if he/she would like to access the content in this tenant, this user must become a guest user of this organization. Normally, there are two kinds of ways of inviting external user as a guest user: Ad hoc invites and Planned invites. For more details about invitation, please refer to Using Azure AD B2B. After that, if you would like the guest user to edit content in the workspace belonging to your organization, you need enable allow external guest users to edit and manage content in the organization option in the Admin portal by a Power BI service admin or a Global admin. Then, guest user needs to be added to the workspace at least as a Contributor and they need Pro license even this workspace is in Premium capacity. For more details about allow guest users edit content in the organization, please refer to this official blog. Also, you may read this official document to further understand it.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun