Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

How to give group ( AD or Distribution list) access to Power BI report Embedded in SharePoint

Hi ,

We have Permium capacity for the Power BI. and  power BI report is embedded in SharePoint Online.

We have to share the report with External users as well as domain users.  We can share the report withexternal users by adding them individually.

we dont want to add individual domain users to the report. 

Can we share Power BI report to Active directory group? If we add AD group, will all the users with in that AD group be able to access the Power BI report.

Or is there any other way of sharing the report with multiple user without adding them one by one?

Thanks,

Vyas Anitha

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @AnithaV09,

I have sent a email to consult this issue internally, will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @AnithaV09,

I confirm that we are not able to share the report/dashboard with external group currently, as either external group or members in the external group won't receive the email about shared report/dashboard. P

And for external user, the user MUST use the invitation link received in the email.

PG is working to address this scenario in the future (hopefully soon)

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-qiuyu-msft  Any idea if this feature is supported now.  I was able to add a mailing group that has also been configured to be a security group, so that we can assign members to the group, and then give access to the group in SharePoint online and PowerBI (for PowerBI embedded).