Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

How to download .PBIX file from the SharePoint List Integrated with Power BI

Hello Respected PowerBi community,

Please help me with the following issues:-

When I try to fetch the data thru SharePoint List into Power BI then the data doesn't come in proper or same format that appears in SharePoint list itself. Data comes with some weird format with different column names than that of the SharePoint original list.
I have tried both the implementation methods (Pls refer to screenshot given below). both the options give us either half data or weird data with different date format than the original list. At the same time, when we see it thru integrate with Power BI option on SharePoint list then the data appears seamlessly and correctly but unfortunately, there's no option to save the .PBIX  file of the same so that I can check the method of source data being fetched in this integrated file or I can further modify the file as per my requirements.
I have tried all the possible ways but to no avail therefore, request you guys to please guide me the correct way of fetching the data from SharePoint List to Power BI. 
Thanks in advance for your kind support,SharePoint.png

Hi @Marjan_Qureshi,

Do you want to connect to a xlsx file on SharePoint Online with SharePoint Online List connector? If so, you may try Web connector. For more details, you could refer this blog: How to Connect to an Excel File Stored in SharePoint Online from Power BI Desktop (c-sharpcorner.com....

If Web connector could meet your needs, please tell me more about your issue including the Desktop version you are using. Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Comments
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @Marjan_Qureshi,

Do you want to connect to a xlsx file on SharePoint Online with SharePoint Online List connector? If so, you may try Web connector. For more details, you could refer this blog: How to Connect to an Excel File Stored in SharePoint Online from Power BI Desktop (c-sharpcorner.com....

If Web connector could meet your needs, please tell me more about your issue including the Desktop version you are using. Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Marjan_Qureshi
Regular Visitor

Hi v-cazheng-msft,

Thanks for your reply. Actualy I do not want to connect a .Xlsx file on SharePoint. I need to connect to the SharePoint List directly with real-time connectivity but the data is not being fetched as-is as I mentioned in my post. I am using the recent version of PBI Desktop. Below is the screenshot of version for your reference please! Thank you.

Marjan_Qureshi_0-1655369913698.png

Best Regards,

Marjan

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Marjan_Qureshi ,

You may try the latest version of Power BI Desktop firstly.

Downloads | Microsoft Power BI

Best Regards,

Wic_cz