Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

How to disable search bar in Filters pane?

How to disable the search bar in filters pane? For numeric columns we dont get this search bar.

But for text columns, it is showing search bar. Can anyone suggest me how to disable this ?

search_bar.png

It is by design in Power BI Desktop as far as I know, different data type has different filter types.

For numeric columns, we use comparison filter like equal, less than, more than etc which not need the search pane to find some specific column values.

For text columns, there are Advanced filter, which is used like text contains, is empty, start with to filter these specific filter conditions; Basic filter, which is used to select one or multiple values so it designs a filter pane to help us better to find it/them; TopN filter, which is used to select topn values.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Comments
v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

It is by design in Power BI Desktop as far as I know, different data type has different filter types.

For numeric columns, we use comparison filter like equal, less than, more than etc which not need the search pane to find some specific column values.

For text columns, there are Advanced filter, which is used like text contains, is empty, start with to filter these specific filter conditions; Basic filter, which is used to select one or multiple values so it designs a filter pane to help us better to find it/them; TopN filter, which is used to select topn values.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

imagautham
Helper II

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

While the Filters pane search feature is on by default, you can also choose to turn it on or off by selecting Enable search for Filters pane in the Report settings of the Options dialog.