Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

How to allow interaction with data BUT not download .pbix

I have published reports from Power BI desktop to Power BI service. I want the users to be able to do their own analysis with the datasets/data model BUT i don't want them to have the ability to download the .pbix file.

Note: I am not using premium capacity. I have tried the permissions as well. If the user is a "Viewer" then they cannot access the datasets. If they are members and contributor then yes they can access the data set, but are also able to download the .pbix file which is what i don't want them to do.

I have tried to turn off the download and export function BUT then this will stop the user to interact which is not want I want. I want the users to interact but not download.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Matrix007

Please remove the members and contributor role of the user within the workspace. Please click on the dataset, choose Manage Permission, then add the user with Read and Build permission, see: 

q2.PNGq1.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Matrix007

Hi Qiuyun Yu, i have tried your suggestion and it does not work and I still have the same issue.