Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Horizontal / Vertical Slicer Setting is Gone

Hello, Power BI Team,

I can no longer find the horizontal/vertical slicer setting on the standard slicer as you have explained on this page in the following image. 

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/power-bi-slicer-filter-responsive

power-bi-slicer-filter-responsive-2-horizontal.png

Hi @Shelley ,

After my test, it works fine.

vcaitlynmstf_0-1670306758529.png

Make sure you have done these steps:

The first step to creating a dynamic slicer is to create a basic slicer. With the slicer selected, in the Visualizations pane, select the Format tab.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @Shelley ,

After my test, it works fine.

vcaitlynmstf_0-1670306758529.png

Make sure you have done these steps:

The first step to creating a dynamic slicer is to create a basic slicer. With the slicer selected, in the Visualizations pane, select the Format tab.

Best regards.

Shelley
Continued Contributor

@v-xiaoyan-msft Please stop closing my issues, without response from me. It doesn't look like you are on the current version of Power BI desktop as the underline on visual is yellow. The current version is green. When I go to the same location you mentioned, the menu is different. There is not "Options" dropdown. Here is the screenshot. So, where is the vertical/horizontal selection now?

2022-12-06_7-41-40.png

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support

Hi @Shelley ,

I tested it on two different versions of Desktop and posted a screenshot of one of them, because the feature works fine on either version.
I changed the status of this case because if you follow the steps in the documentation, the feature is indeed there. This is not a feature bug.

vcaitlynmstf_0-1670463896665.png

Best regards.

Shelley
Continued Contributor

@v-xiaoyan-msft Hi Caitlyn, Thank you, you are indeed correct, but this isn't super intuitive. I sure was trying to find this on a basic slicer, but the slicer was already in dropdown format. There is an important nuance to this. The basic slicer must be in list format, or this option doesn't appear. So, while this feature is there as you indicated, perhaps there's a way for Microsoft to make this easier.