Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Highlight based on slicer

Hi all,

I'm tryint to create something that seems rather simple, but I can't find the solution.

I'm creating a report in Power BI with on top a slicer on Region.

This will filter some visuals on the page, but there is also a bar chart that shows all the regions. (Interactivity is turn of between slicer and bar chart.)

All fine till now. But the user want's that in this bar chart with all regions, the selected region is highlighted. 

Any idea's on how to do this? Can't check the selectedValue in DAX since the slicer is not applied...

Regards,

Nico

Comments
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@Verbani,

The method I can think of is to add another visual such as pie chart which can be filtered by slicer in the report page, after selecting value in the slicer, then click on the pie chart. Bar chart will be highlighted in this case.
1.PNG

Regards,
Lydia

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Delivered

Verbani
Regular Visitor

Dear,

This is not really a workeable solution.

The report is designed to inform our customers. I don't want to add additional visuals without value and cluttering my report to add this functionality.

Meantime I did find a workaround that works for me.

Replace the slicer with a Grid visual. this will return the list of values I want to select in. 

Selecting a value there does get the column highlighted. And this without adding an additional pie visual, and performing 2 clicks to highlight.

Regards,

Nico

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Delivered