Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Higher level query execution issue: query executed several times regardless of server or query type.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @wlagraba,

I already consulted this issue internally before. As I posted in this thread, the issue will be fixed in the near future release. Will let you know once I get any new information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @wlagraba,

I would like to correct my orignal post. After double confirm internally, regarding the issue query is running multiple times, I got below information:

If query is running 3 times, this could be because background data is on:

q4.PNG

If you turn it off and start seeing the query running twice, then we can confirm that the third request is caused by this. The other two queries are expected: one is for schema, another one is for data loading. This is currently by design.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

jbrandt
Advocate I

Hello, 

I'd like some clarification of what will be fixed. 

In my scenario, from the Desktop, a single REST API call is performed twice, I understand once for the schema and once for the data.  A bit inefficient for sure since full effort is performed on the source for both calls.    

Upon publishing to PBI service, the same single call is performed 8 times.   Is this what will be fixed?  

kind regards, 

John

idanw_1984
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

"The other two queries are expected: one is for schema, another one is for data loading. This is currently by design." 

is this issue going to be changed?

it's really annoying to have to pay twice for the one refrash. 

I'm currently using Google Bigquery and the costs of the analysis are really important.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have simmiliar Issue, it's really annoying. My python script is downloading rest with basic auth. Script produces like 10 diffrent tables, I copy references of theese tables to have them seperate. When I refresh queries I have to put creditials 10 times, because script is being called for EVERY table... You should do something.