Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Hierarchy slicer is not syncing in service (syncing is working in power bi desktop)

Hi, 
We are having issues with syncing hierarchy slicer in power bi service. If i open report in Power BI desktop syncing is working properly on all pages.

hierarchy_slicer_desktop_01.png

As soon as we publish report to Power BI service syncing stops working. Even default selection in hierarchy slicer is not kept upon publishing. 
We can then select individual items in hierarchy, but selection is not propagated to next pages.

hierarchy_slicer_service_01.png
Looks like something changed in logic/functionality of slicers in Power BI service that is causing syncing issues for hierarchy slicer. It was working fine in past. Syncing is still working in Power BI desktop.
To limit possible issues with data source we created simple report with just one table directly inserted to Power BI desktop. Then hierarchy from Level1->Level2->Level3->Level4 was created in report and used in hierarchy slicer.

Any idea how to solve this issue?
Thank you.
Regards,
Milan

Comments
v-yuta-msft
Community Support

@mivisk ,

Are you using the custom visual "Hierarchy Slicer"? If you are, I could not reproduce this issue, the "sync slicers" feature works well on my side. You can try refreshing the browser page and switch to different browsers and check if this issue persists.

Capture.PNG 

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

mivisk
Regular Visitor

Hi Jimmy,

Yes we are using custom visual Hierarchy slicer from market place.

I tried in chrome and edge browsers, same behaviour.

Chrome: Version 80.0.3987.100 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Edge: Microsoft Edge 42.17134.1098.0, Microsoft EdgeHTML 17.17134

I will try to check some other versions and browsers also.

Edit: Tried also Firefox 73.0 (64-bit)  and same results.

But I have small update. it looks like UI bug. Data in report are still filtered, so sync of hierarchy slicer is working, just it's not properly indicating selection in hierarchy slicer.

hierarchy_slicer_service_02.png

Regards,

Milan

mike_honey
Memorable Member

This seems like the same bug reported here?

https://github.com/liprec/azurebi-docs/issues/84

mivisk
Regular Visitor

Hi Mike, yes looks like same behaviour. thanks for tip.