Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Hierarchy Slicer in Power BI Service Edit mode

Since the Hierarchy Slicer preview was released, the slicer visual is now exhibiting strange behavior in Power BI Service online Edit... mode.

This applies only when using the Edit... capability in the Power BI Service. When adding a field from a dataset hierarchy, it will accept/pick only the top-most field of hierarchy. For example when dropping the lower level Product Family, the top-most level Product Category is actually added.

20200225_slicer_issue.png

A workaround is possible by adding the lower hierarchy level as a table, removing the higher levels from the table, and then switching the table visual to a slicer. If you do not remove the higher levels, the slicer is rendered as a hierarchy, but cannot be collapsed - it is a fixed expanded tree.

Comments
v-yuta-msft
Community Support

@justinbecher ,

I can reproduce this issue, actually this issue also exists on power bi desktop. I will report internally if it can be considered as a bug. Will update here when I receive any response.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

v-yuta-msft
Community Support

@justinbecher ,

I suggest you use Hierarchy Slicer in the visual market instead currently.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao