Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Hierarchy Slicer do not work on IE11

Hierarchy Slicer do not work on IE11.  Yesterday,it worked fine...

??

??1.jpg

Comments
Nishantjain
Continued Contributor

I agree. It is working fine in Chrome. I have also noticed that the visual behaviour is also changed. I use ISFILTERTED() function to identify which items are selected and it doesn't seem to work anymore. It return all items as being selected

lottoj
Regular Visitor

Same issue here. It works in Chrome but not in Internet Explorer 11, which unfortunately is the web browser most of our users is using. Very unfortunate as we're in the middle of monthly reporting.

jppp
MVP
There is an issue with the slicer and IE which is causing a blank visual. Fix is already submitted and is being reviewed at this moment. Thanks, Jan Pieter
Nishantjain
Continued Contributor

@jppp Thank you

Can you also look at the other issue I have raised couple of minutes ago

Hierarchy Slider - Isfiltered not working

Thanks

RicardoS
Advocate III

Hi everyone,

When filtering the report using Hierarchy Slicer, every visual is giving an error: Can't display the visual. See details. 

This is in the Power BI Service using Chrome and Power BI desktop as well. Anyone same problem?!

Thanks. 

malgorzatas
Frequent Visitor

We have the same problem. All our reports doesn't work due to the inoperable HierarchySlicer visualization. It also doesn't work on Chrome if the "Selection" -> "Empty Leaves" option is turned off, meaning that (Blank) is not displayed in tree. It also doesn't work on Chrome if there is only one field value in "Fields".

Thanks 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jppp when will the fix be available? Is it going through the normal review process that will take a couple of weeks or will it be available immediately?

Can you also take a look at this related issue:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Hierarchy-slicer-not-working/idi-p/413738

Thanks

jppp
MVP

@Anonymousafter the approval I will ask if it can be pushed to production directly.

@malgorzatasI am now working on a fix for the single level issue.

@RicardoSProbably if you clear the selection of the slicer and reselect the needed values, the errors will disappear (I assume).

Nishantjain
Continued Contributor

@jppp did you had a chance to look at

Hierarchy Slider - Isfiltered not working

I am sure you have other urgent matter to resolve, but it would be good to know if this is something you can fix quickly.

Thanks

jppp
MVP
@Nishantjain Sorry but due to a change in the way the selection is created by the slicer the IsFiltered values are not working as before. The change was needed to support the increase of the maximum items (30,000).