Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Hierarchy Slicer broken

Hello everyone, Since yesterday (Oct, 9th) I had an issue with the same custom visual.

I got the issue on Web Service (which is fixed deleting browser history) and Power BI Desktop which is still present. I already reinstalled the last version of Power BI Desktop available and didnt work. I am attaching a screenshot,

Could you guys please help me?

Best Regards

Screenshot:

sHierarchySlicer.png

Comments
Bobfather
Frequent Visitor
I am also having problems with the Hierarchy Slicer since the October update. I don't think I'm having the same problems as in the screenshot though... Here are details on the issues I am seeing. Power BI Desktop: If "Single Select" is turned on, and I de-select, an error occurs while rendering the report. The "Select All" feature under the "Selection" header in the Format tab seems to have broken the "Single Select" option. It will allow the selection of all categories, and then the user can deselect one at a time by clicking on each box. Then, clicking the last one, which would essentially re-select all, throws the error. Power BI online: Via Chrome, the dropdown expand/collapse buttons are no longer visible. They do appear to be visible in IE and Edge. Having same problems as with PBI Desktop too though (through all utilities).
Anonymous
Not applicable

We are getting the same issue as well in all or our environments. Essentially all our production reports use the Hierarchy Slicer and now they just show the icons as show above. The end-users have no way of selecting any filters, rendering the reports useless at this point. I would hope this issue will be resolved as soon as possible. Are there any workarounds? We have reinstalled the October release, but no luck.

plevine

It is the same in my environment.   As if Today (October 10th) I noticed that every single report that utilizes the hierarhy slicer is broken as  described above.  

rivas_luis_scan
Regular Visitor

Thank you!
unfortunately didnt work.
I think I found a workaround. What I did was to set the header off and it worked, if I set the title to on, I am able to set a "header"

Hope this would help anyone else.

MilqueToast
Regular Visitor

I am also having issues with all of my Hierarchy Slicers.  If an item at the top leaf is selected and you try to deselect it crashes the report.  Please fix ASAP.

hugodevos
Regular Visitor

Hi,  I am also having this problem on all my reports.  What I can add to the discussion however is that users are only experiencing it in Internet Explorer.  My recommended fix to my user base at this stage is to use another browser such as Edge, Chrome or Firefox.  Seems to fix the problem for now.  Have not isolated it to a version of IE yet.   rivas_luis_scan, I will try the header fix you suggested.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

I have another issue with the Hierarchy Slicer. It still allows multi-selection even when single selection is turned on, both on Desktop and app version. Do you know if there are any workarounds? 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all,

This is a issue related to the Hierarchy slicer visual it self, it should be update to adapt the Power BI desktop and service. You can reach the author of this custom visual by click Support in this site: https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/power-bi-visuals/WA104380820?tab=Overview

Best Regards,

Qiuyun Yu 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered

ssray
Regular Visitor

I had a similar issue as shown in the image above. Please turn-off the header and use Title instead. In my case, it solved the rendering issue.