Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Hierarchy Slicer background color has suddenly changed in Desktop and Service

Support,

In my organazation's and team project, we have multiple reports that use the Heirarchy Slicer. Suddenly today the background color has changed to black from default (white/clear). This appears in all published reports to the service, as well as all saved pbix files opened on the desktop that contains these slicers.

We would like to know what could have caused this issue to suddenly happen, as we have not seen any recent updates for this visual from the market place.

Please advise.

Thanks,

OBashy

Comments
jppp
MVP

Hi @Anonymous ,

Today the HierarchySlicer has been updated to the latest version, v2.0.20 and that could probably caused this issue.

Can you share what background setting of the configuration you set to black?

Thanks, Jan Pieter

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @jppp ,

In the Format tab, under the Items drop down, I had to go back and change it to white. I believe in development, it was originally left as default (which the color was white).

Thanks,

OBashy

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jppp 

Also, it seems the changelog site has not yet been updated.

jppp
MVP

Hi @Anonymous ,

Sorry about this. The backgrounds is transparant by default, which is the same as the old version.

Probably some thing is in your case causing the visual to behave different between the versions.

-JP

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @jppp,

Actually, what I originally meant was that our visual slicers were already in default, hence transparent. The background color was not editted during use in development. Today, once they automatically appeared/changed to black, this is when I went and manually changed them to white.

I had commented on another post earlier than mine here today that others have mentioned similar issue for them.

Thanks,

Omar

kwu
Frequent Visitor

I have the same problem. My hierarchy slicer went blank today. It was working fine yesterday. My company uses IE11. I tried Chrome and it appears and working. I tried clearing cache in IE but still doesn't work. I have Background turned off all along. Can you advise how i can get it working again?

jppp
MVP

Hi @KW1 ,

There is an issue with the HierarchySlicer and Internet Explorer and a fix is comming.

Please use another browser (Chrome, Firefox or Edge) as a workaround.

Thanks, Jan Pieter

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @jppp ,

Will your fix include everyone's issues addressed, as there seems to be different issues with the last update?

Also, I hope that you have seen last response, prior to this one in regards to the background color originally being default.

Thanks,

obashy

Anonymous
Not applicable
jppp
MVP

Hi @Anonymous ,

I have looked into this issue and the current version does have a bug related to this: The current version ignores the item background color, but the new version will fix this.

Please take a look at the configuration of your Hierarchy Slicers and reset the background to the default as when the new version will be available in a couple of weeks, your item background of your slicers will be black again.

Sorry about this.

-JP