Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Hierarchy Slicer Not Working

The Hierarchy slicer is not working for all of our reports.  When you select a value, it is not filitering the data and not keeping the selections.  This is happening on both Desktop and on the web.   The regular slicers seem to be working fine.  

Comments
ThomVF
Advocate IV

Same here - selections aren't being retained and the slicer is not impacting the other visuals on the page.  This seems very recent.  I see this in Desktop and through the service/browser.

I updated the visual from the Marketplace but that did not help.

Also noticed that I need to shut off the tooltip because the 2 levels of values I have assigned to the slicer keep popping up when hovering over it.

MEEnergy
Frequent Visitor

I found a fix for it.  I renamed the highest level field back to its original field name and it started working again.  Very strange.  Try doing that and let me know.  If you had renamed any of those fields bring them back to their original field names and it should work.   I am going to have to do this to all of my reports though which is unfortunate. 

ThomVF
Advocate IV

Well, I renamed a value (not a field name) in the hierarchy source the other day - but I can't rename it back, nor should I have to. 

I did try dropping the slicer and adding a new one back, wondering if the new one would be free of any corruption that a name change (or something) could have caused - no luck.

The select value(s) are not being retained and it's not impacting the rest of the page.  It looks like it does work once but is not consistent - it seems like it works once (when you open the page, for example) but no more after that.

ThomVF
Advocate IV

To add: I have another Hierarchy slicer in another report that uses a completely different source than the one I described above - and this one is experiencing the same invalid behavior.

So, it is great that the renaming of a field corrected the issue for you but that seems to be an anomoly, based on my observations.

ThomVF
Advocate IV

Looks like something was done on the backend because my hierarchy slicers appear to be working again!

v-yulgu-msft
Employee

Hi @MEEnergy ,

I tested hierarchy slicer in desktop and service, both worked as expected. It looks like this temporary problem has gone. Please check on your side.

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Delivered

ThomVF
Advocate IV

@v-yulgu-msft  Although I saw this problem disappear yesterday, it seems to be back again.

Today, it works fine from Desktop but is not working from the Service.  The selection is not affecting the other visual on the page, even though the interactions are established.

ThomVF
Advocate IV

@v-yulgu-msft  My apologies.  I cleared the cache in my browser and it appears to be working fine from the Service.

Thank You