Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Hierarchies are not visible when using analyzing excel

We have used analyzing excel a lot and it have worked fine. But yesterday suddenly all the hierarchies have disappered. The fields are still visible but premaded hierarchies are not. I can still see those hierarchies in Power BI desktop and also in Power BI service, only place where I can't find those is excel. Do we have some changes, or what was happened?

Comments
drum1010
Advocate II

by chance, are you using both direct query and import modes on your model? we encountered this same issue with missing hierarchies (only in analyze in excel) when we added a direct query table to our existing data set (which were all set to Import Mode).

VilleQvist
Frequent Visitor

@DR You were right, there was a new direct query in the dataset. In my opinion, this is a bug but do we have any workaround?

drum1010
Advocate II

@VilleQvist Not sure if it is a bug. I haven't asked the question. I would submit a support ticket with Microsoft to get their feedback on it. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, @drum1010 ! Can you plase share a link to submitted ticket? Did you solve this issue somehow?

drum1010
Advocate II

@Anonymous i did not submit a ticket- this is working by design from Microsoft. As of now, there is no workaround for displaying hierarchies in excel if both direct query and import modes are being used in a data model. Either switch all to direct query or switch all to Import to get the hierarchies back in excel.