Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Hide columns reset to unhidden when refreshing

Hello everyone,

i'm facing a weird problem. When refreshing data to my pbix file(with refresh button), all hidden columns becomes unhidden.

My data source is sql server and my power bi version is 2.88.1682.0 64-bit (December 2020)

I found this Solved: Hide tables resets to Unhidden with data refresh - Microsoft Power BI Community but didn't work..

Does anyone know how to solve this?

Thank you,

Artemis

Comments
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@aandreou 

I tried the latest version of Power BI Desktop to create a report but cannot reproduce the issue. Try to recreate the report.

aandreou
Advocate I

Hello @v-chuncz-msft ,

thank you for your response.

I have created the report from scratch and everything were ok at the begining. After that i sent the pbix file to a customer, he made some changes and sent it back to me.

After that i opened the new file, and the problem was still present. When refreshing the data, all hidden columns became unhidden.

It is not practical to recreate a new report every day..

Do you have any ideas?

At your disposal for any further info,

Artemis

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello 

Try to active this feature :

onurbmiguel_0-1615565098893.png

regards 

aandreou
Advocate I

Hello @Anonymous ,

Thank you very much for your response!

After activating this feature, the problem was solved!

Best regards,

aandreou

rsrwebsupport
Frequent Visitor

I just ran into this issue today and I tried toggling that setting but it didn't fix the issue.  Is there anything else I have to do besides enabling the setting and re-publishing the dataset?

EDIT: I opened a support ticket and they said this is an outstanding bug.